"CHOOSE LOVE OVER FEAR DAY"
The Mayor of the City of Coeur d’Alene has proclaimed May 1st 2015 as "CHOOSE LOVE OVER
May 1, 2015
Proclamation Ceremony 3:00pm
Location: SUB @ NIC Campus
1000 W. Garden Avenue
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 83814
Prominent Speakers from the Community and the Campus Student Body will speak.
Everyone is invited to this Free Event.
To create opportunities to create and celebrate humanitarian, individual and collective efforts to promote love over fear.
All citizens are invited to observe this day which honors the public cause to come together in the spirit of universal love to eradicate fear.
This is a day for random acts of kindness, such as:
Connect with your Community
- Pay for the meal of the next person in your fast food line.
- Tuck an encouraging note in your child's lunch box.
- Leave an encouraging note on car windows.
- Compliment at least five people.
- Relieve a caregiver for a couple of hours.
- Treat an overburdened Mom to a massage gift certificate.
- Hug a senior citizen, the homeless, the shut-ins, everyone ...
- For this one day, DON'T JUDGE another as less than ....
- Look into the eyes of those you love and tell them why they are so special to you.
- Give to your favorite charity.
- Overcome fear and tell someone you're sorry.
All life is interconnected and interdependent.
- Volunteer an hour or more at a retirement center, school, hospital.
- Host an event: small or large, inspire, teach, love, laugh, make a difference.
Be wise. Make decisions based on LOVE, not fear.
- Fear distorts and our perceptions and confuses us as to what is going on. LOVE is the total absence of fear.
- LOVE asks no questions. Its natural state is one of extension and expansion, not comparison and measurement. LOVE is not focused on right/wrong yet considers both/and.
- LOVE then really is everything that is of value and fear can offer us nothing because it IS nothing.
- LOVE is a positive force: it thrives in an atmosphere of positivity and starves in an atmosphere of negativity.
- "LOVE Over Fear" day gives all of us an opportunity to illuminate the good in unexpected places and talents in unexpected people and tell them so!